31. 10. 2018 Virtual Reality para la seguridad Using the solution of a Siemens PLM software HBI Haerter generates 3D-walkabouts through smoke-filled buildings by application of Virtual Reality.
05. 09. 2018 Seminario sobre l'operación segura de túneles ferroviarios HBI is member and active supporter of the International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association (ITA). The ITA Committee on Education and Training (ITA-CET) and ITA Committee on Operational Safety of Underground Facilities (ITA-COSUF) provide knowhow on all aspects of tunnel construction and operation. A one-day session in Buenos Aires in Argentina focused on the "Management of User Safety in Underground Railway Facilities". The event was organised by the Argentinian Tunnelling Association (AATES) and supported by presentations given by Dr Peter Reinke from HBI.
06. 08. 2018 Completion of EU project RICAS2020 RICAS2020 is a design study for the European Underground Research Infrastructure related to Advanced Adiabatic Compressed Air Energy Storage (AA-CAES) which provides concepts to set-up a research infrastructure dedicated to underground storage of very high amounts of green energy. The big advantage of the new concepts is that the underground energy storage can be performed independently from the encountered geological conditions and also at all places where high energy demand exists. For more information, see www.ricas2020.eu.
03. 07. 2018 Re-certification of the quality management system according to ISO 9001: 2015 The quality management system of HBI has been further developed and examined by the Swiss Association for Quality and Management Systems (SQS). The quality management system of HBI fulfills the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and has been successfully certified again.
08. 12. 2017 Energy savings of 24% were achieved in tunnel Heslach At the STUVA-2017 conference the new dynamic control process of the ventilation system in tunnel Heslach was presented. Substantial energy and cost savings amounting to 51.463 kWh/month were obtained.
01. 11. 2017 New offices for HBI in Berne The HBI team in Bern has moved to Belpstr. 48 at 3007 Berne. Since 1. November 2017, more flexible space for office work and a workshop is used by the HBI Berne staff.
14. 07. 2017 Innovation award Ostwürttemberg Dr. Peter Reinke was awarded the innovation prize East Wuerttemberg in the "Patents" category. The patent concerns the application of a sliding door for confined space conditions and for the uniform distribution of compressive forces, should they be present.
01. 01. 2017 10 years of HBI Haerter GmbH in Heidenheim HBI Haerter GmbH in Heidenheim is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2017.
01. 09. 2016 HBI designs California High-Speed Rail Project As a sub-contractor of Sener Engineering and System Inc., HBI has been awarded by the California High-Speed Rail Authority to provide the concept design of the tunnel ventilation and the simulation of the tunnel environmental conditions. The tunnel variants with a length of up to 35 km are located in the section between Palmdale and Burbank north of Los Angeles (USA).
01. 10. 2015 HBI is participating in the research project RE(H)STRAIN HBI is investigating the aerodynamical and thermical conditions in rail tunnels, within the framework of the research project "RE(H)STRAIN" (Resilience of the Franco-German High Speed Train Network) funded by the BMBF.