04. 04. 2019 Survey "Prevention and Mitigation of Tunnel-Related Collisions" HBI is member of the World Road Association (PIARC), active in the Technical Committee D.5, providing know how regarding on all aspects of a safe tunnel operation. Recently the study "Prevention and Mitigation of Tunnel-Related Collisions" has been published with the participation of Mr Jens König from HBI amongst others.
31. 10. 2018 Virtual Realitiy for safety Using the solution of a Siemens PLM software HBI Haerter generates 3D-walkabouts through smoke-filled buildings by application of Virtual Reality.
05. 09. 2018 Training seminar on safe operation of rail tunnels HBI is member and active supporter of the International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association (ITA). The ITA Committee on Education and Training (ITA-CET) and ITA Committee on Operational Safety of Underground Facilities (ITA-COSUF) provide knowhow on all aspects of tunnel construction and operation. A one-day session in Buenos Aires in Argentina focused on the "Management of User Safety in Underground Railway Facilities". The event was organised by the Argentinian Tunnelling Association (AATES) and supported by presentations given by Dr Peter Reinke from HBI.
06. 08. 2018 Completion of EU project RICAS2020 RICAS2020 is a design study for the European Underground Research Infrastructure related to Advanced Adiabatic Compressed Air Energy Storage (AA-CAES) which provides concepts to set-up a research infrastructure dedicated to underground storage of very high amounts of green energy. The big advantage of the new concepts is that the underground energy storage can be performed independently from the encountered geological conditions and also at all places where high energy demand exists. For more information, see www.ricas2020.eu.
03. 07. 2018 Re-certification of the quality management system according to ISO 9001: 2015 The quality management system of HBI has been further developed and examined by the Swiss Association for Quality and Management Systems (SQS). The quality management system of HBI fulfills the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and has been successfully certified again.
08. 12. 2017 Energy savings of 24% were achieved in tunnel Heslach At the STUVA-2017 conference the new dynamic control process of the ventilation system in tunnel Heslach was presented. Substantial energy and cost savings amounting to 51.463 kWh/month were obtained.
14. 07. 2017 Innovation award Ostwürttemberg Dr. Peter Reinke was awarded the innovation prize East Wuerttemberg in the "Patents" category. The patent concerns the application of a sliding door for confined space conditions and for the uniform distribution of compressive forces, should they be present.